50km Skiathlon - 22km Classic + 28km Skate
Start Time: 9:30am EST
Can’t decide whether to ski classic or skate technique! Why not try the new skiathlon event?
- Skiers will ski classic technique for the first 22kms to checkpoint #3 and then switch to skate equipment for the remaining 28km of the 50km distance.
- Participants will start and finish the event at the normal start/finish location.
- Skate equipment can be dropped off at the Park Office parking lot on Loppet morning and transported to checkpoint #3.
- Classic equipment will be transported to the finish line for retrieval.
- All skiers will receive a 2017 Nordmin chocolate medal.
- It’s a fun new addition to the Loppet that allows skiers to challenge themselves with both classic and skate techniques!
NEW!! The fastest three female and male skiers will receive unique Loppet pottery mugs.